Friday, April 8, 2011

Oh what fun, our baby girl is turning ONE!


Last weekend we celebrated Avery's 1st birthday! (a few days early)  We had a little party at our house for some family and friends.  I have to be honest...I have been thinking about and planning this party for a couple of months.  And because I started early I was able to make most of the decorations, which saved us some $$$!  : )  Here are a few pics of the decor:






These are just boxes covered in paper





I was so excited to find this little stand on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I thought is was festive. : )


My friend, Brittney, taught me how to make this topiary


Pictures of Avery across the windows on each side of the table


Oreo balls-YUMMO!

The party started with some mingling and food- chips and salsa, pigs in a blanket, fruit kabobs, and of course oreo balls.  Then we opened presents!  Normally I would think to do this last, but I was afraid the birthday girl may get too messy eating her cake. Ha!


One happy little lady!




This is a bus/slide from Grammie and G-Daddy


Playhouse from Nonnie and Papa

She LOVED all of her gifts!  Everyone said she would be more interested in the boxes, but Avery was all about the toys!  Next we stripped her down for the main event.  CAKE!  This is always the highlight at a first birthday party!  : )




She was getting tired


















She liked it!


Avery had a great party!  She is so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment